Tired of never fulfilling your New Year’s resolutions? Create a Vision Board to reprogram your subconscious mind and attract what you consciously want. We attract experiences that match our subconscious beliefs. We need to experience the world in a way that makes sense to our subconscious beliefs about how the world works. If we expect failure or disappointment, we will usually experience failure or disappointment. If we expect success or happiness, we will usually achieve it. If we strongly believe that we will not get a good job, we probably won’t.
Our beliefs are very strong and powerful. If you find yourself not getting what you want, I encourage you to examine your real beliefs about what you deserve and are capable of having.
Why Our Beliefs Match Our Life Experiences
In working with my clients, I have yet to find that their actual beliefs were positive when things were not working out for them. In fact, their beliefs most often turned out to be negative and filled with doubt and fear. Once we discovered those negative beliefs and worked with them, my clients would notice positive changes in their life.
We often experience negative events because we feel we don’t deserve better. This is really important to look at if your life is not giving you what you want. We can also experience negative events when we doubt our abilities. Or, perhaps we fear that if we succeed we might surpass the success of a parent, spouse or sibling. As a result, we might fear that relationship will change.
Vision Boards Aren’t Just About Pretty Pictures
I very much believe in doing Vision Boards. I used to do them on New Year’s Eve or January 1st so I was ready for the New Year. I have probably done about nine Vision boards and can report that in every case the pictures or sayings manifested into my life.
But it isn’t just putting pictures up on a board. I also will take negative beliefs and turn them around in a positive manner. For example, if I am afraid to succeed, I will put a new saying up on my board, such as “I Spread My Wings and I Soar! “
However, it doesn’t stop there. I need to work on my beliefs about why I am afraid to succeed. I need to be able to believe that I can succeed. Therefore, I would first need to examine my beliefs that go into my fear of failure. I can ask myself questions like, what negative things might happen if I go after what I really want to do? Is it about being afraid of failing? If I “fail” does that mean I will never be successful at something? Questions like these help me find and understand what might be in the way of getting what I truly want in life.
How to Do a Vision Board
- The color of the board: The color of the board is very important. The color begins to open up the subconscious mind to positive thoughts and possibilities. Look for a color that makes you feel good or you are drawn to. The “right” color makes you happy.
- Size of the Board: The size of the board is up to you. You can choose colored paper that is 8” by 10”. Or you can choose a poster board that is 2’ x 3’. Choose what feels good to you and what can hold the words and images you want to display.
- Images or Pictures: Look for images of what you want to see, experience or feel when you have what you want. For example, if you are trying to draw a certain type of person to you as a mate, what qualities are they going to possess? You can pick a picture of someone who is happy and dancing. Or someone who is in charge of other people and looks successful. Or perhaps you are looking for someone who will be a good father. Then you can choose a picture of a loving father with his child.
- Choosing Activities: You can include various activities you want to be doing. For example, dancing, or being in a new job that you will love. If you are wanting to start a family, perhaps you will choose a picture of a mom with her child.
- Choosing Sayings: If you want, you can choose sayings that confirm those things you want to draw into your life. For example, “I am at my perfect weight for me!” Or “I am in a job that I love!” Here, you want to choose any doubts or negative beliefs that you currently have, and turn them around into positive statements.
- You can do a “virtual” board: Some people will do a Vision board online. There is not a right or wrong way to create a board.
- Where to Place the Vision Board: I place them in my bedroom where I can easily see it. However, some people are more private and may choose somewhere others will not see it. It is totally up to you. However, I recommend putting it where you can easily and often view it.
Closing Thoughts on The Vision Board:
Very Important: Remember, the subconscious mind is very concrete. It does not analyze and it does not question. It is fed what you tell it. Be very mindful of your thinking and words, not just for the Vision Board, but always. Tony Robbins says to be aware of the words you say: For example, “life is too hard”. You are absolutely programming your subconscious mind to look for proof of this belief. We usually find what we are looking for – good or bad – when it comes to our beliefs needing proof.
Vision boards are a great way to begin the New Year! If you are interested in more information about doing these boards, below are some links you might like. And…
HAVE A HAPPY AND FULFILLING NEW YEAR!!!!
For More Information on Vision Boards Visit:
Notes From a Friend by Tony Robbins. (A great book!)